Doctoral Admission Requirements
1. Online Application
2. Official College Transcripts
- Submit official transcripts from an accreditor that is recognized by the US Department of Education stating the conferral of the Master’s degree or higher with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- *To be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secured electronic delivery.
3. Writing Sample
- Those seeking admission into the Doctorate in Kinesiology program should submit a Master’s level scholarly work which includes APA in-text citations and references. A sample of work from a previous Master’s program and/or professional doctorate will be acceptable.
4. Letters of Recommendation
- Students seeking admission to the Doctorate in Kinesiology program should arrange to have two letters of recommendation completed from professionals that can speak to their greatest strengths and successes. It is recommended that these letters speak specifically to the applicant’s work ethic and disposition and academic ability.
- To get started, click here and enter the information for each recommender. Concordia University, St. Paul will email the form directly to the recommender on your behalf.
5. Current Resume & Professional Goal Statement
- Provide a copy of your resume and a brief statement detailing your motivation for pursuing a doctorate in kinesiology and your persistence toward achieving long-term goals.